Prevention Educators join the Youth Education and Support Services (YESS) program to lead two-day dynamic presentations on violence prevention to elementary, middle and/or high school students in Contra Costa County. This hands-on classroom experience will give you the chance to work with adolescents to help them reduce relationship violence and develop healthy relationships. You will learn new skills, gain valuable information and have the satisfaction of working as an ally to our youth to end violence in our schools.
- Must undergo a criminal background check and fingerprinting process
- Must complete agency’s DV Counselor training and attend YESS training
- Must complete minimum of one presentation per month
- Provide proof of negative TB test results
To get started, visit our website (http://www.standffov.org/volunteer/) to learn about upcoming training sessions and to learn how to submit an application.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Public Speaking
- People Skills
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 presentation per month for a minimum of 1 year