Hispanic men and women are needed as mentors to youth!
It's been proven time and again that spending time with teens, one-to-one, will help them build a path for a healthier, more successful future.
- Assist youth in making positive choices,
- Explore careers and higher education,
- Help improve youth's grades,
- Assist youth's in setting goals for the future,
- See new things and places, and have fun!
- Be a positive role model and friend
- Mentoring boys and girls is a wonderful opportunity to give back to the community
What can you do?
- Mentors connect with a deserving child to help them see their potential.
- Focus Mentor is a role model and friend.
- Mentors take part in a community to raise the children where we each have a role.
How does it work?
- Mentors spend minimum of 8 hours per month together
- Focus on schoolwork
- Go to movies
- Sporting events or museums
- Simply talk and be a trusted friend
For more volunteer information copy and paste the link below into browser!
Be A Mentor, Inc. has been positively interacting with at-risk and academically low performing youth since its founding in 1992 and continues to connect youth with dedicated volunteer adults throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. We provide a direct mentoring service to at-risk youth (such as those in foster care; with incarcerated parents; susceptible to gang participation, drug/alcohol abuse or teen parenting; homeless/in transition or academically struggling).
- Child Development
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Relationship Building
- Life Coaching
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hours a week for 1 year
- References, In-Person interview
- Be a big bro or sis to a...
- Mentor a Child of Incarcerated...
- Hispanic Volunteer Mentors...
- African-American Mentors needed...
- MENTORS STOP RICHMOND KIDS FROM...
- Help a Child in San Francisco...
- Mentor Children of Prisoners in...
- Volunteer Grantwriter
- Angular Web Developer
- Mentors needed for Children in...