Hispanic Volunteer Mentors Needed in Richmond Bay Area
DONATE TO THIS
104 people are interested
Hispanic men and women are needed as mentors to youth!
It's been proven time and again that spending time with teens, one-to-one, will help them build a path for a healthier, more successful future.
- Assist youth in making positive choices,
- Explore careers and higher education,
- Help improve youth's grades,
- Assist youth's in setting goals for the future,
- See new things and places, and have fun!
- Be a positive role model and friend
- Mentoring boys and girls is a wonderful opportunity to give back to the community
What can you do?
- Mentors connect with a deserving child to help them see their potential.
- Focus Mentor is a role model and friend.
- Mentors take part in a community to raise the children where we each have a role.
How does it work?
- Mentors spend minimum of 8 hours per month together
- Focus on schoolwork
- Go to movies
- Sporting events or museums
- Simply talk and be a trusted friend
For more volunteer information copy and paste the link below into browser!
Be A Mentor, Inc. has been positively interacting with at-risk and academically low performing youth since its founding in 1992 and continues to connect youth with dedicated volunteer adults throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. We provide a direct mentoring service to at-risk youth (such as those in foster care; with incarcerated parents; susceptible to gang participation, drug/alcohol abuse or teen parenting; homeless/in transition or academically struggling).
We'll work with your schedule.
Richmond PAL2200 MacDonaldRichmond, CA 94801
- Child Development
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Relationship Building
- Life Coaching
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 hours a week for 1 year
- References, In-Person interview