JOB SUMMARY: Language support for Reach Out clinic patients. Assist the transfer of information between patients and Reach Out clinic volunteers when working with patients (clients) with limited English proficiency. Ability to utilize medical dictionary and transfer medical terminology without placing personal interpretation into transfer of information. Volunteer for "on call" hours through Reach Out administrative office.
LICENSURE: None required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Proficient in English and Spanish, able to translate effectively in both languages. Ability to clearly communicate directions and explanations given by the professionals to the patient. Ability to clearly communicate patient's statements, questions and descriptions. Utilize basic knowledge of medical terms in both languages.
1. Assist clients with filling out paperwork and patient eligibility forms at the clinic site.
2. Assist Reach Out volunteers in determining healthcare eligibility with the exchange of information at the registration desk.
3. Translate into Spanish (or other language) all questions, directions and explanations from the medical volunteers.
4. Translate into English all questions, indications, descriptions and statements from the patients utilizing the assistance of approved medical terminology reference guide.
5. Maintain patient confidentiality.
6. Alert medical volunteers of patients requiring immediate attention.
7. Accurate translation/interpretation (written/oral).
8. Maintain positive customer relations within a diversified patient population. Please notify Reach Out staff of any bilingual abilities.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18