Hospice Pet Therapy Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
81 people are interested
How Pet Therapy can help Hospice Patients:
- Reduces patient anxiety
- Releases patient endorphins
- Helps patients reminisce
- Encourages patients to talk about their feelings
- Helps patients talk about their grief and process grief
- Provides socialization opportunities for patients because of a common interest in the animal
- Provides isolated patients with an opportunity for touch/snuggling
Please contact Rose Fletcher by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at 585-214-1444 if you're interested in volunteering as a pet therapy hospice volunteer.
We'll work with your schedule.
2652 Ridgeway AvenueRochester, NY 14626
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- No minimum time commitment