Thank you for your interest in the Baltimore County Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence hotline. Each person involved with the Hotline is committed to assisting people impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault therefore a thorough initial training is required. The initial training is a blended format consisting of three in-person sessions and three distance learning sessions to be completed between the in-person meetings.
After being trained, this is a flexible vollunteer opportunity in which you can find the shifts that work for you and answer calls through an ultra call forwarding system from your own phone.
The hotline consists of multiple shifts per week. The minimum requirements are:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must sign up for 2-4 shifts per month
- Must attend trainings and meetings (1 per quarter)
- Must fill out all paperwork for each shift (required for grant funding)
- Must commit to being an active volunteer for a minimum of 1 year
- Must possess the following attributes: responsibility, flexibility, dependability and compassion.
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Crisis Counseling
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 shifts of 5 hours per month