Are you a nurse, teacher, mother, father, grandparent? Do you have a knowledge that can help teach our young mothers the skills to help raise a healthy happy baby? Help is needed in Beaver, Washington, Butler, Lawrence and Allegheny Counties
Catholic Charities is looking for caring and compassionate volunteers to assist with our Pregnancy and Parenting Support Program. This program provides tangible assistance and emotional support to woman who are pregnant or have children under the age of 12 months.
Criminal and Child Abuse background checks are required within the first 30 days volunteering.
You will presents and promotes agency’s parenting classes at our downtown Pittsburgh office.
- Communicates to clients the importance of attachment and bonding in their children’s early years
- Motivates clients to become more effective teachers for their children.
- Builds and sustains strong partnerships with client families.
- Prepares all tangible assistace parenting class.
- Provides clients with hands on activities for strengthening their parenting skills.
- Maintains strict confidentiality at all times in communications with clients
- Child Development
- Family Therapy
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One day a week 3+ hours
- Willingness to work with a diverse population