Atlanta Planning Committee Overview
This committee consists of dedicated volunteers who wish to donate their time and creativity to this great cause. We will work to improve all aspects of the event, including but not limited to fundraising, sponsorship, logistics, and recruitment. Your continued support of this event and the American Diabetes Association is a testament to the passion and commitment you can bring to any number of open positions.
¨ Responsible for working with American Diabetes Association (ADA) Staff in the planning and execution of Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes event in Atlanta, GA.
¨ Organize a fundraising team to represent your business, organization or family and friends.
¨ Give and/or get $1,000+ in donations towards the event.
¨ Make follow-up phone calls to engage others in the event based on your role.
¨ Assist the Walk Manager with planning for the aspect of Step Out that pertains to your role on the committee.
¨ Participate in monthly committee phone calls and/or meetings. (March - December)
Opportunities for Involvement:
- Champion- Work with our champions (individuals raising over $1,000) to keep them engaged in fundraising and planning incentives and day of event acknowledgement
- Media (Publicity and Social Media) - Promote Step Out within the community through media, publicity and outreach
- Red Strider- Work with our Red Striders (individuals living with diabetes) to keep them engaged in fundraising and planning incentives and day of event acknowledgement
- Team Red- Work with our Team Red Members (Red Striders or those who support Red Striders) to keep them engaged in fundraising and planning incentives and day of event acknowledgement
- Day of Event- Coordinate the logistics for the day of the event including registration, set-up/break-down, volunteers, entertainment ect.
¨ One initial planning meeting ½ hour
¨ Attend Corporate Recruitment Breakfast 1 hour (April)
¨ Participate in 8-10 conference calls/meetings 10 hours (total)
¨ Attend and assist at the Kickoff event 3 hours (July)
¨ Attend and assist at Walk day 4 hours (November)
¨ Attend awards & thank you party 1 hour (January)
TOTAL TIME REQUIRED 19 Hours (over 10 months, less than 2 hours per month)
For more information contact:
404-320-7100 ext. 3057 or email@example.com
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 19 Hours (over 10 months, 2 hours per month)