Experienced Horse Leaders Wanted!
222 people are interested
Horses Help is looking for experienced horse leaders to participate in the areas largest therapeutic riding program. As a horse leader you responsibilities will be to warm-up and tack assigned horses and then lead them for our therapeutic riding or hippotherapy classes. Additional trainings are provided to become a therapeutic horse leader. Other critical candidate requirements are:
- Walk at a brisk pace for 30 minutes
- Comfortable leading Horses with or without a rider on board.
- Comfortable working with and communicating effectively with team members.
- Comfortable attending and passing an emergency dismount class
- Must be able to safely manage 50 lbs of weight to the ground
- Take and pass a series of horse leading skill sets for proficiency including emergency situations and leading with multiple riders up in an arena setting.
- Pass our basic horse handling skill set
We'll work with your schedule.
2601 E. Rose Garden LanePhoenix, AZ 85050
- Animal Care / Handling
- Physical Therapy
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week and flexible.
- Ability to walk briskly outdoors for 30 minutes at a time.