VOLUNTEER WITH ACACIA ADULT DAY SERVICES
Acacia Adult Day services is a non-profit agency in Orange County, California, established in 1979 to enable a frail older adult or a person with disabilities to remain living more independently in the community through the use of supportive services.
Help assist frail older adults and adults with disabilities maintain independence.
Help the elderly and disabled through a diverse range of on-going activities.
- Assist with cognitive activities such as Jingo, Current Events, Pictionary, Quizmo and more
- Assist with outdoor physical activities such as Golf, Ring Toss, Lawn Dice, Nature Walks, Scavenger Hunts and more
- Help with specific computer activities
- Serve lunches and observe dietary restrictions
- Escort participants to their in-house physical or occupational therapy sessions
- Escort participants to the door for arriving transportation
- 1:1 Mentoring
- Arts and crafts projects
- Work in the garden and assist participants with planting and upkeep
- Help participants prepare ingredients for Cooking Classes
- Help with mailings for special events and our newsletter
Current TB clearance required
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 7:00AM to 4:00PM
Dress Code:Clothing: Business casual. No short skirts, torn clothing or tank tops.Shoes: sturdy, non-skid closed toed shoes
We welcome your calls and invite you to schedule an informal tour. Thank you for considering Acacia Adult Day Services!
Please see Acacia website: www.acacia-services.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17