You can help teenage kids to forge character, build mental toughness and master goal setting skills through intense physical fitness and sports
Friend Fitness is the Youth Mentoring Partnership's signature program and matches volunteer mentors with male and female students (grades 6-12) who could benefit from a positive adult role-model. Through a unique approach to intense weekly workouts and a focus on goal-setting, kids discover what it takes to achieve their goals not only in the gym but in life!
As a mentor, you can expect to:
- Lead students through an intense physical fitness & strength training program
- Work one-on-one in the gym alongside a group of mentor-student matches
- Focus on student-led goal setting, planning & achievement
- Celebrate students success through "earned recognition" sessions at workouts
- Have fun!
No prior training or experience required! Professional training and on-site staff support provided.
Tuesday: 5:30--7:00 pm
- Mastery Charter School Shoemaker Campus, 5301 Media Street, Philadelphia Pa 19313
Commitment is (once or twice a week) to be a mentor with the program. For additional information, visit www.youthmp.org. or call Program Director, Augustus Davis @ 610-220-3889
Become a mentor - contact us to schedule a New Mentor Orientation today! The life you change may be your own.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 1x or 2x per week, for at least one year