You can help teenage kids to forge character, build mental toughness and master goal setting skills through intense physical fitness and sports
Friend Fitness is the Youth Mentoring Partnership's signature program and matches volunteer mentors with male and female students (grades 6-12) who could benefit from a positive adult role-model. Through a unique approach to intense weekly workouts and a focus on goal-setting, kids discover what it takes to achieve their goals not only in the gym but in life!
As a mentor, you can expect to:
- Lead students through an intense physical fitness & strength training program
- Work one-on-one in the gym alongside a group of mentor-student matches
- Focus on student-led goal setting, planning & achievement
- Celebrate students success through "earned recognition" sessions at workouts
- Have fun!
No prior training or experience required! Professional training and on-site staff support provided.
Thursdays: Flexible start between 5:30--7:00 pm
Sundays: Flexible start between 10:30am--12:00pm
Summer hours (June -Aug): Mondays & Thursdays between 5-7pm
- Conestoga High School, 200 Irish rd. Berwyn, PA
- CrossFit Inspire, 446 Lancaster ave. Malvern, PA
Please plan to commit to at least one year (once or twice a week) to be a mentor with the program and to complete the recruitment/screening process. For additional information, visit www.youthmp.org.
Become a mentor - contact us to schedule a New Mentor Orientation today! The life you change may be your own.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 1x or 2x per week, for at least one year