You can help teenage kids to forge character, build mental toughness and master goal setting skills through intense physical fitness and sports
Friend Fitness is the Youth Mentoring Partnership's signature program, and matches volunteer mentors with male and female students (grades 6-12) who could benefit from a positive, responsible adult role-model. Through a unique approach of intense weekly workouts and a focus on goal-setting, kids discover what it takes to achieve their goals not only in the gym, but in life!
As a mentor, you can expect to:
- Lead students through an intense physical fitness & strength training program
- Work one-on-one in the gym alongside a group of mentor-student matches
- Focus on student-led goal setting, planning & achievement
- Celebrate students success through "earned recognition" sessions at workouts
- Nurture positive relationships in an environment that promotes volunteerism
- Have fun!
No prior training or experience required! Professional training and on-site staff support provided.
Thursdays: Flexible start between 5:30--7:00pm
Sundays: Flexible start between 10:30am--12:00pm
Summer hours (June -Aug): Mondays & Thursdays between 5-7pm
Please plan to commit to at least one year (once or twice a week) to be a mentor with the program and to complete the recruitment / screening process. For additional information, visit www.youthmp.org.
Become a mentor - contact us to schedule a New Mentor Orientation today! The life you change may be your own.
- Looking for a way to "give back"?
- Wanting to really impact the life of a student?
- Interested in health & fitness?
YOU can Change a Life. Be a mentor! The life you change may be your own.
Friend Fitness may be just the fit for you! Visit us at: Link to Friend Fitness Mission at www.YouthMP.org
Friend Fitness is a youth mentoring program designed to help students (grades 6-12) develop a strong work ethic, mental toughness, determination and goal setting skills.
Through intense weekly workouts, you'll help students discover what it takes to achieve their goals, not just in the gym but in their academic, personal and social lives as well.
See a workout in motion: Link to Friend Fitness Video at www.YouthMP.org
Mentoring occurs both one-on-one and in groups.
Only approximately one hour of your time is needed for each workout, with some flexibility in start/end times! For more details about what being a mentor entails: Link to Friend Fitness Mentor Info at YouthMP.org
ARE YOU READY TO HELP A KID BLOOM?
- Adult Volunteers, Great Opportunity for Stay At Home Moms and Senior Citizens!
- Mature Students, Grade 11-12
WHAT: One-on-One, Group & Peer Mentoring
- Thursdays 5:00-7:00pm
- Sundays 10:00-12:00pm
- Upper Main Line YMCA, Berwyn, PA - Google Map!
- Conestoga High School, Berwyn, PA - Google Map!
- NEW! YMCA at Great Valley, Malvern, PA - Google Map!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 1x or 2x per week, for at least one year
- Looking for a way to...
- BE A MENTOR - Change Lives...
- Are you looking to Give-back?...
- Work near the Great Valley Corp....
- Got grit? Teach kids in Philly...
- Military Background? Your...
- Do you speak Spanish? We need...
- Got grit? Teach kids the passion...
- SITE COORDINATOR NEEDED for...
- Got grit? Be a Friend Fitness...
- If you are MALE, we NEED you! ...