We are in need of an experienced grant writer for our Atlanta, Georgia and Huntsville, Alabama location. We are excited to have made it thus far and looking forward to the success of each and every year. Chosen Abilities Resource Center, Inc is seeking an outgoing and energetic person who will be responsible for all aspects of raising support from foundations, corporations and government sources requiring written proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects. Perform prospect research and produce donor profiles; target ask amounts,prioritize and evaluate prospects for corporate, foundation and government grants. Develop and foster relationships with funders: find personal connections with donors that will ensure the attention of funders. Generate proposals for projects and programs. Write proposals, budgets, reports and other materials. manage grants by tracking, developing internal reporting writing reports; maintaining records and ensuring each project or program meet proposal conditions and expectations.
* Coordinate capital campaign and maintain donor database
* Research foundation databases and Internet to identify potential funders.
* Draft and send correspondence (appeal letters, marketing material, donor recognition)
* Identify fund-raising opportunities, maintain due dates, document progress and initiate final reports.
* Will develop relationships with staff of grant-making organizations and gather necessary information for funding applications.
* Will solicit businesses and community organizations for sponsorships and other special event support.
Must have strong editing skills
Ability to meet deadlines
Ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals
Knowledge of fund-raising information sources
Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
Knowledge of basic fund-raising techniques and strategies
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Market Research
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Short or Long Term
- Minimum two years experience in grant writingExperience with Non Profit fundraising