Pet Companions for Hospice Patients - San Francisco and Surrounding Areas
184 people are interested
Inspiring. Meaningful. Life-changing. We're one of the Bay Area's oldest & largest non-profit hospices. We work with volunteers to conveniently place you and your pet on assignments near your home! Patients and families benefit from this program by showing signs of reduced stress and improved mood.
Is the Pathways pet-assisted volunteer program right for you and your pet?
- Does your pet have the right temperament to work with hospice patients?
- Is he/she calm, gentle and alert?
- Can your pet follow basic commands?
- Will you invest time in a pet-assisted activities training and certification course?
- Are you able to commit to at least one year as a volunteer for Pathways?
If so, please contact us at (408) 773-4271 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you and your beloved pet!
We'll work with your schedule.
San Francisco Daly CitySan Bruno MillbraeBurlingame San MateoSouth San Francisco, CA 94080
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Four to Twelve Hours per month
- One year commitment