Human Services Volunteer
24 people are interested
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind (AIFB) formally known as "Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation (ABWC)":
Enhancing the lives of blind individuals in the country since August 28, 2009, AIFB has been recognized by NY State as a non-profit foundation. Its mission is to empower Afghan blind women through healthcare and blind children through education and rehabilitation services in Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind needs your time as a volunteer!
Qualification and responsability:
In the case of Human Services, we are looking for volunteers with experience in case management, case assessment, community assessment, outreach, community development, and research and development.
The focus of this role is to:
- Provide the opportunity for fundraising by connecting with other organizations for the purpose of performances (concerts, art galleries, theaters, etc)
- Organize the programs for walkathons, marathons, and other fundraising opportunities
- Design and produce raffles for the purpose of fundraising for the Foundation
- Attract other organizations or agencies for the purpose of donating their resources to the Foundation. For example, seeking out locations for fundraising events
- Current resume
- Email address, mailing address and phone number
- One page of professional biography in an essay format that will include their educational background, current position, their past work experience and their volunteer work in other organizations.
- 3 reference letters from individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
We'll work with your schedule.
40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
- Case Work / Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18