Rehabilitation and Evaluation Volunteer and Student Intern
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
Rehabilitation and Evaluation Services - The Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation will provide the rehabilitation services for women and children who are blind. The rehabilitation department offers services for blind children helping them acquire the physical and mental skills necessary for education, social development, and helping them prepare for entering the workforce. We are looking for volunteers that have past experience in rehabilitation and evaluation services on a professional or personal level.
Your task is to supervise your department in:
- Managing all members of your team and being creative in ways of attracting additional volunteers and employees to your department.
- Rehabilitation should be able to address the student's physical, psychological, and environmental needs. It is achieved by restoring the student's physical functions and/or modifying the student's physical and social environment.
- In the field of education, the ABWC Rehabilitation and Evaluation Department is responsible to provide the following services: Improve understanding of CNS structure and function, neural plasticity, and the performance of everyday educational tasks so that the perceptual processing capabilities of students with low vision or blindness can be optimized.
- Develop assistive devices, environmental modifications, and rehabilitation strategies to minimize the impact of visual impairment in everyday life and reduce disability and societal limitations in visually impaired persons.
- Create a network for the dissemination of research findings to rehabilitation specialists, educators, clinicians, and technology developers. Establish the means and avenues for adapting research for use in clinical and rehabilitation settings.
- Build an infrastructure for developing future generations of researchers who are concerned with a broad range of topics in visual impairment and rehabilitation. Encourage the multidisciplinary collaboration and training of researchers from other areas about issues pertinent to visual impairment.
The ABWC Foundation requests the following documentation:
- Current resume, your email address, mailing address and phone number
- Contact information for 2 individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
- Volunteers are obligated to work 2 hours per week
The ABWC Foundation requires the following documentation:
- Your email address, mailing address and phone number
- College requirement forms from your department, resume, one page short bio that explains your education background, work experience and your volunteer positions in other organizations
- 2 letters of reference that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
- The student must commit 3-6 months of work with the foundation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Web Designer
- Health Services Volunteer or...
- Education Services Volunteer or...
- Media & Communications Volunteer...
- General Management Volunteer and...
- Assistant Web Content Coordinator
- Board Member Needed for...
- Rehabilitation and Evaluation...
- Volunteer Assistant to President...
- Fundraising/Events Volunteer or...
- Grant Writing Volunteer or...
- Finance Department Volunteer or...
- Human Services Volunteer and...
- Blindness Technology Volunteer...
- Computer Technology Volunteer or...