General Management Volunteer
11 people are interested
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind (AIFB) formally known as "Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation (ABWC)":
Enhancing the lives of blind individuals in the country since August 28, 2009, AIFB has been recognized by NY State as a non-profit foundation. Its mission is to empower Afghan blind women through healthcare and blind children through education and rehabilitation services in Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind needs your time as a volunteer!
Qualification and responsability:
The department’s function is conceived and carried out through the following:
- Management Policy and Process
- Management Information Systems
- Society and work related and relevant to the foundation
- Leadership, Values, and Corporate Responsibility
The primary purpose of the department of General Management is to offer appropriate leadership and management services with respect to the foundation. This purpose encompasses:
- The personal values and qualities of effective general managers and foundation leaders
- The philosophies, values, and strategies that inform our vision
- The relation of the foundation to the broader community and other external constituencies
Work hand-in-hand with the Treasury of the Foundation in order to keep accurate records of the finances of the Foundation
Keep the checks and balances, managing all tax-related materials and monitoring the overall financial status of the Foundation
Gather and maintain all records of bills, receipts, accounts payable, receivable and other financial information pertaining to the Foundation
Prepare and send tax deductible letters to our donors
Volunteers are obligated to work 2 hours per week
- Current resume
- Email address, mailing address and phone number
- One page of professional biography in an essay format that will include their educational background, current position, their past work experience and their volunteer work in other organizations.
- 3 reference letters from individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
We'll work with your schedule.
40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
- People 55+
- Must be at least 20