31 people are interested
31 people are interested
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind (AIFB) formally known as "Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation (ABWC)":
Enhancing the lives of blind individuals in the country since August 28, 2009, AIFB has been recognized by NY State as a non-profit foundation. Its mission is to empower Afghan blind women through healthcare and blind children through education and rehabilitation services in Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind needs your time as a volunteer!
Description of the position-
Qualifications and responsibility:
The fundraising/events planner helps create fundraising opportunities and organize fundraising events in their community that will benefit the Foundation. Fundraising events may be constituted through walkathons, auctions, bake sales, raffles, artistic and musical performances, national and international gatherings, personal donations, etc. We are looking for sociable and extroverted volunteers to help achieve the goals of the Foundation. Volunteers will be responsible to seek out potential companies to sponsor these events financially.
The focus of this role is to:
- Provide the opportunity for fundraising by connecting with other organizations for the purpose of performances (concerts, art galleries, theaters, etc.)
- Organize the programs for walkathons, marathons, and other fundraising opportunities
- Design and produce raffles for the purpose of fundraising for the Foundation
- Attract other organizations or agencies for the purpose of donating their resources to the foundation. For example, seeking out locations for fundraising events.
- Volunteers must commit to work with the foundation for 3 to 6 months
- Volunteers must work 2 hours per week with in foundation
- Volunteers are responsible for having signatures on any legal document s provided by (AIFB) foundation
- Volunteers must protect, respect and make commitments to confidentialities of the foundation
- Follow the rules and regulation s of the office work
- Volunteers are responsible to take full participation in all fundraising events conducted by the organization
- Current resume
- Professional biography
- Three professional reference letters
About Afghanistan International Foundation for the Blind (AIFB)
40-10 12th Street, Apt. 1C, Long Island City, NY 11101, US
With collaboration and partnership of other international organizations, the foundation will offer services for blind individuals in Afghanistan in order to improve quality of life in the area of education, health, rehabilitation and community services.
The foundation’s objective is to provide educational services to all ages, offer life changing services such as providing blind based computer applications and technologies for children, sending much needed blind based equipment and medical supplies from the United States, teaching students how to study mathematics and science using tactile systems, and providing training.
AIFB, by partnering with medical facilities around the world, will offer health services and provide financial support for prescriptions, laboratory procedures and operations as well as focus on access to local medical facilities, mental health treatment, chronic disease prevention, childbirth, and nutritional guidance.
The Foundation provides rehabilitation and evaluation services as well as community services. We collaborate with and support The Afghan Blind Association in Kabul to promote the disability rights movement.
Student interns: Must be college students or have a bachelor's degree. Interns commit to work 4-5 days per week. They will have a project for their time at the Foundation which they must complete.
Volunteers: Work schedule is flexible, so long as the volunteer works for at least 2 hours/week. Their tasks will be based on the department they request. The minimum time commitment is 6 months.
Board Directors and Officers of Departments must serve for one year.
40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
October 16, 2021
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Customer Service
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Must be at least 16