Finance Department Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind (AIFB) formally known as "Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation (ABWC)":
Enhancing the lives of blind individuals in the country since August 28, 2009, AIFB has been recognized by NY State as a non-profit foundation. Its mission is to empower Afghan blind women through healthcare and blind children through education and rehabilitation services in Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind needs your time as a volunteer!
Qualification and responsability:
One of the important departments in the Foundation is Finance, which provides the measurement, disclosure or provision of assurance about financial information in order to help the Board of Directors and the Human Resources department make accurate resource allocation decisions. We are looking for people with experience in finance, accounting, statistics, etc.
- Volunteers are obligated to work 2 hours per week
Work hand-in-hand with the Treasury of the Foundation in order to keep accurate records of the finances of the Foundation
Keep the checks and balances, managing all tax-related materials and monitoring the overall financial status of the Foundation
Gather and maintain all records of bills, receipts, accounts payable, receivable and other financial information pertaining to the Foundation
Prepare and send tax deductible letters to our donors
- Current resume
- Email address, mailing address and phone number
- One page of professional biography in an essay format that will include their educational background, current position, their past work experience and their volunteer work in other organizations.
- 3 reference letters from individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 22
- Web Designer
- Volunteer Assistant to President...
- Education Services Volunteer
- Fundraising/Events Planner
- Media & Communications Volunteer...
- Student Intern Department
- General Management Volunteer
- Grant Writing Volunteer
- Board Member Needed for...
- Finance Department Volunteer
- Human Services Volunteer
- Blindness Technology Volunteer