Education Services Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind (AIFB) formally known as "Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation (ABWC)":
Enhancing the lives of blind individuals in the country since August 28, 2009. AIFB has been recognized by NY State as a non-profit foundation. Its mission is to empower Afghan blind women through healthcare and blind children through education and rehabilitation services in Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind needs your time as a volunteer!
Qualification and responsability:
By providing education the foundation will employ the necessary tools to impart knowledge and empower blind children to function successfully in society geared towards literature, science and technology. We are looking for volunteers having knowledge of Persian, Pashtu and English literature. With respect to the category of science, we are looking for people experienced in the fields of chemistry, biology, physics, mathematics and geometry as well as any experience related to technology.Requirement: Volunteers are obligated to work at least 2 hours per week
- Current resume
- Email address, mailing address and phone number
- One page of professional biography in an essay format that will include their educational background, current position, their past work experience and their volunteer work in other organizations.
- 3 reference letters from individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
- Program Management
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Web Designer
- Volunteer Assistant to President...
- Education Services Volunteer
- Fundraising/Events Planner
- Media & Communications Volunteer...
- Student Intern Department
- General Management Volunteer
- Grant Writing Volunteer
- Board Member Needed for...
- Finance Department Volunteer
- Human Services Volunteer
- Blindness Technology Volunteer