At the library, help local school children (K-8th grade) with their homework and foster their ability to succeed in school. Build confidence and skills in learners as they master their homework.
- Help young students with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science
- Coach students in groups of one to four
- Assist with enrichment activities with those students who have completed their homework
- Assist with administrative tasks such as record keeping
Skills/ Experience Needed:
- Prior experience tutoring is a plus, but not required
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 recommended. Must have the requisite skills to support elementary school students. This can be strength in one subject area or general knowledge in multiple areas.
- Experience or interest working with youth
- Strong oral communication skills a must
- Dependable, patient, and flexible
- Second language ability a plus, but not required
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
- Homework Club Coaches need to commit to two hours a week, either on Tuesdays from 3:30pm to 5:30pm, for 9 months during the school year. This opportunity is open to students ages 15 to 18.
- Help students in grades K-12 understand their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies, and science.
- Coach students individually and in small groups.
- Collaborate with staff to create enrichment activities for those who complete their homework.
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
Interested in volunteering as a Homework Coach? Register here: https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicEnterprise/EnterpriseActivity?enterpriseGuid=8370465d-3777-4b73-b24b-3efd11ca6c09&activityGuid=dd58b1c4-8366-4298-b919-144fbe257812&searchUrl=https%253a%252f%252fapp.betterimpact.com%252fPublicEnterprise%252fEnterpriseSearch%253fKeyword%253dLibrary%2526EnterpriseGuid%253d8370465d-3777-4b73-b24b-3efd11ca6c09%2526SearchType%253dKeyword
or email email@example.com!
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours a month
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 recommended