Kitty Save provides the cats in residence at The Charming Cat Corner in Vista Ridge mall on Stemmons Freeway. The cats in the residence must be tended to daily. We need volunteers on a regular schedule to care for the cats in the residence and keep the residence neat and presentable.
As an attendant, you do the following:
- Ensure that the residence is safe and clean
- Take time to give the kitties your attention, playing with them and talking with them
- Pick up their toys
- Scoop the litter boxes
- Ensure that they have ample food and water
- Help the staff with visitors to the residence
- Ensure that visitors are handling the cats properly
- Report any issues or potential problems to the staff
- Greet visitors who enter any residence room where you may be
- Help with adoptions
The Charming Cat Corner residence is open to the public Mon-Sat: 11-7 and Sun: noon-5. Volunteers may arrive one hour before opening to help open up. They may leave one hour after closing to help close down. The option on hours is up to the volunteer unless we have enough volunteers for a particular time period. We also have opportunities for volunteers to be present in the public areas from noon to 2:00 pm everyday.
At no time will volunteers be working alone. Staff will be available at all times.
Opening involves the following:
- Releasing cats into the public areas
- Replenishing towels and other supplies
- Cleaning windows
- Restoring furniture and fixtures to their operational positions
- Cleaning and mopping the nighttime residence rooms
- Ensuring that all room air cleaners are functioning
Closing involves the following:
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Vacuuming furniture and cat trees
- Replenishing towels, soap
- Emptying trash baskets
- Dusting hard surfaces
- Cleaning restrooms
- Undertaking any chores to prepare for the next day
The noon coverage involves being present in the public areas to ensure that visitors and cats are safe and doing well.
Volunteers must be at least 15 in order to work in the residence without a parent or guardian.
- Animal Welfare
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- At least two hours a week
- Reliable personal transportation