The nonprofit Norwood Life Society Thrift Shop has been a part of the fabric of the Norwood Park community for over 25 years. People know our shop as a place to get great bargains and strike up new friendships. Our volunteers work selflessly to help generate as much revenue as possible with proceeds from the sale of donations supporting the very best in senior services and enhancing the independence and well-being of older adults.
There are a wide variety of tasks to keep volunteers busy throughout the day. Clothing is sorted from bags and boxes, tagged and priced and placed onto our sales floor. Household goods, books, artwork, collectables and smaller furniture are also sorted, cleaned and made ready for sale. Helping customers find what they are looking for and working as a cashier round out the duties of a Thrift Shop Associate.
Whether you come for a few hours or stay for a day, volunteers are welcome and appreciated at our store.
Frequency of Volunteer Commitment:
Volunteers are expected to make a minimum commitment twice per month for a minimum of 3 hours.
Hours of Operation: Open every day except Tuesday and Sundays, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Benefits of your commitment:
- Work a schedule that fits your lifestyle, whether once per week, twice a month, or three days per week.
- Interact with a lively, committed group of volunteers who use their creative and people skills in service of the residents of our community.
- If you love clothes and decorating, this is the place for you
- Learn new retail skills or utilize customer service and decorating skills you already have while having fun
- On the day you work, you may treat yourself to a free hot lunch in our employee lunchroom
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be physically able to stand and lift donated goods
- Must support the goal of Norwood Life Society of providing the very best in senior services and enhancing the independence and well-being of older adults
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18