Would you like to use your fundraising experience to improve the longterm wellbeing of our environment, economy, and society in Contra Costa County? Sustainable Contra Costa has an opportunity available for a grant writer and development volunteer. SCOCO is a grassroots organization helping schools, businesses, and communities throughout Contra Costa County make smart choices for a more sustainable future.
We are seeking someone who is self-motivated, has prior fundraising experience, and about 3-5 hours a week they can dedicate to creating a more Sustainable Contra Costa. Schedule is flexible.
The Grant Writer would be responsible to research, identify and respond to grant opportunities, seeing the grant proposal through from start to finish.
Baseline responsibilities include the below:
1. Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospective grants.
2. Prepare, submit and manage grant proposals.
3. Comply with all grants as required by grant funders.
4. Establish and maintain good rapport with current donors.
5. Maintain accurate records in database of all grants and donations.
6. Track statistics relevant to development and report metrics and data to donors as needed.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18