Blindness Technology Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind (AIFB) formally known as "Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation (ABWC)":
Enhancing the lives of blind individuals in the country since August 28, 2009, AIFB has been recognized by NY State as a non-profit foundation. Its mission is to empower Afghan blind women through healthcare and blind children through education and rehabilitation services in Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind needs your time as a volunteer!
Desription and requirements:
Technology Related to Blindness - Help to create training manuals and to train teachers and students in Afghanistan for advanced technology geared to blindness (i.e. Electronic Software, Jaws, System Access, Braillenote, Braillespeak, Braillelight,BrailleSince U2, Vector Reader, Perkins Brailler, BrailleWriter, Graphical Tactile System, Slate Stylis, Braille Literacy, Language Master (Talking Dictionary), Talking Calculator, etc). Help train other volunteers within the Foundation on how to use these types of programs.
- Current resume
- Email address, mailing address and phone number
- Contact information for 2 individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
- Sample of writing
- Volunteers are obligated to work 2 hours per week
The AIFB requires a face to face interview.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Web Designer
- Volunteer Assistant to President...
- Education Services Volunteer
- Fundraising/Events Planner
- Media & Communications Volunteer...
- Student Intern Department
- General Management Volunteer
- Grant Writing Volunteer
- Board Member Needed for...
- Finance Department Volunteer
- Human Services Volunteer
- Blindness Technology Volunteer