Blindness Technology Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
Technology Related to Blindness - Help to create training manuals and to train teachers and students in Afghanistan for advanced technology geared to blindness (i.e. Electronic Software, Jaws, System Access, Braillenote, Braillespeak, Braillelight,BrailleSince U2, Vector Reader, Perkins Brailler, BrailleWriter, Graphical Tactile System, Slate Stylis, Braille Literacy, Language Master (Talking Dictionary), Talking Calculator, etc). Help train other volunteers within the Foundation on how to use these types of programs.
The Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation was founded on
August 28, 2009 and has been recognized by NY State as a non-profit foundation. The mission of The Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation is to empower Afghan blind women through healthcare and blind children through education and rehabilitation services in Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation needs your time as a volunteer.
The AIFB Foundation requests the following documentation:
- Current resume, your email address, mailing address and phone number
- Contact information for 2 individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
- Volunteers are obligated to work 2 hours per week
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Web Designer
- Education Services Volunteer
- Media & Communications Volunteer...
- General Management Volunteer
- Board Member Needed for...
- Volunteer Assistant to President...
- Fundraising/Events Planner
- Student Intern Department
- Grant Writing Volunteer
- Finance Department Volunteer
- Human Services Volunteer
- Blindness Technology Volunteer
- Computer Technology Volunteer