Computer Technology Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
Computer Technology - Seek opportunities for computer literacy and technology to empower blind children to receive the necessary computer training in the use of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and also other knowledge of the use of computers in everyday life. In addition, to reach out to other organizations who are willing to donate computers and other necessary software for the Foundation.
The focus of this role is to:
- Seek and provide the computer training materials on the latest updates in computer literacy software to the individuals the Foundation is helping. For example, if there is a new program that needs to be taught to the blind, your department will provide the necessary training materials for this software, in a handout and/or other relevant training materials.
- Responsibilities involving connecting with other computer companies and organizations to seek donation opportunities for the Foundation. For example, used computers and older versions of software that are available for donations.
- Set up donated computers and other technology here, in the U.S., and monitoring the progress of this work prior to the shipment of these items to Afghanistan.
The AIFB Foundation requests the following documentation:
- Current resume, your email address, mailing address and phone number
- Contact information for 2 individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
- Volunteers are obligated to work 2 hours per week
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 6 months
- Web Designer
- Education Services Volunteer
- Media & Communications Volunteer...
- General Management Volunteer
- Board Member Needed for...
- Volunteer Assistant to President...
- Fundraising/Events Planner
- Student Intern Department
- Grant Writing Volunteer
- Finance Department Volunteer
- Human Services Volunteer
- Blindness Technology Volunteer
- Computer Technology Volunteer