Media & Communications Volunteer or Student Intern
26 people are interested
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind (AIFB) formally known as "Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation (ABWC)":
Enhancing the lives of blind individuals in the country since August 28, 2009, AIFB has been recognized by NY State as a non-profit foundation. Its mission is to empower Afghan blind women through healthcare and blind children through education and rehabilitation services in Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind needs your time as a volunteer!
The AIFB is looking forward to working with Media and Communications in order to spread the mission and vision of the Foundation worldwide. We can make a difference by introducing our status and the youth of our services for this important cause and be able to receive support from others through various media channels. We are looking for volunteers with experience in working in publicity such as newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, publishing, etc. We would like to work with the media, primarily print media, in promoting The Blind Women and Children Foundation.
Qualification and responsability:
The focus of this role is to:
- Attract different avenues of the media in order to express the mission and the vision of the Foundation to the public
- Schedule and provide opportunities for the media to participate in different events and activities in the AIFB Foundation
- Allow the media to interview different individuals or departments in the Foundation
- Create guidelines for methods of communication with the media including telephone calls, internet outreach, face-to-face meetings, radio, and other media- related technology.
- Create press releases regarding the mission of the Foundation and any special announcements given by the AIFB Board.
- Research and create mailing lists and telephone contact lists for the purpose of outreach and for use with all media communication.
- Update and publish all articles and materials on the AIFB website.
- In addidtion, update, revise, and make changes (including images) to the foundation website inculding Faceboook, Twitter, Volunteer pages, YouTube, LinkedIn and monitoring Board Member emails to the Foundation Website.
- Current resume
- Email address, mailing address and phone number
- One page of writing sample
- Contact information for two references that are not family members (no letters required)
We'll work with your schedule.
40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
- Public Relations
- Office Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Social Media / Blogging
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be at least 18