Media & Communications Volunteer or Student Intern
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
Media & Communications - The AIFB is looking forward to working with Media and Communications in order to spread the mission and vision of the Foundation worldwide. We can make a difference by introducing our status and the youth of our services for this important cause and be able to receive support from others through various media channels. We are looking for volunteers with experience in working in publicity such as newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, publishing, etc. We would like to work with the media, primarily print media, in promoting The Blind Women and Children Foundation.
The focus of this role is to:
- Attract different avenues of the media in order to express the mission and the vision of the Foundation to the public.
- Schedule and provide opportunities for the media to participate in different events and activities in the ABWC Foundation.
- Allow the media to interview different individuals or departments in the Foundation.
- Create guidelines for methods of communication with the media including telephone calls, internet outreach, face-to-face meetings, radio, and other media- related technology.
- Create press releases regarding the mission of the Foundation and any special announcements given by the ABWC Board.
- Research and create mailing lists and telephone contact lists for the purpose of outreach and for use with all media communication.
- Update and publish all articles and materials on the ABWC website.
- In addidtion, update, revise, and make changes (including images) to the foundation website inculding Faceboook, Twitter, Volunteer pages, YouTube, LinkedIn and monitoring Board Member emails to the Foundation Website.
The ABWC Foundation requests the following documentation:
- Current resume, your email address, mailing address and phone number
- Contact information for 2 individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
- Volunteers are obligated to work 2 hours per week
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Web Designer
- Education Services Volunteer
- Media & Communications Volunteer...
- General Management Volunteer
- Board Member Needed for...
- Volunteer Assistant to President...
- Fundraising/Events Planner
- Student Intern Department
- Grant Writing Volunteer
- Finance Department Volunteer
- Human Services Volunteer
- Blindness Technology Volunteer
- Computer Technology Volunteer