Grant Writing Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind (AIFB) formally known as "Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation (ABWC)":
Enhancing the lives of blind individuals in the country since August 28, 2009, AIFB has been recognized by NY State as a non-profit foundation. Its mission is to empower Afghan blind women through healthcare and blind children through education and rehabilitation services in Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind needs your time as a volunteer!
Qualification and responsability:
The Afghanistan International Foundation for the blind is looking for a volunteer who has experience working in many aspects of a non-profit foundation, including grant writing and submission, fund raising, research, and management. Even if only one of the above aspects of non-profits is of your interest, we welcome you to please apply to volunteer, as we need support in many aspects of our work. For student internships, commitment will depend on the requirements of the school.
The department’s function is conceived and carried out through the following:
- Use your experience in research to send our grants to other organizations
- You should have computer proficiency, specifically with Excel and budget planning, excellent reading and writing skills, analytical and logical reasoning skills, and excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Current resume
- Email address, mailing address and phone number
- One page of professional biography in an essay format that will include their educational background, current position, their past work experience and their volunteer work in other organizations.
- 3 reference letters from individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Web Designer
- Volunteer Assistant to President...
- Education Services Volunteer
- Fundraising/Events Planner
- Media & Communications Volunteer...
- Student Intern Department
- General Management Volunteer
- Grant Writing Volunteer
- Board Member Needed for...
- Finance Department Volunteer
- Human Services Volunteer
- Blindness Technology Volunteer