Volunteer Assistant to President of the Foundation
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
You will be working directly with the President of the Afghanistan International Foundation for the Blind doing research, clerical work, accounting and treasury, building a database, supporting fund raising efforts, monitoring other volunteers in the absence of the president, and more. 4 hour per week commitment and volunteer time is flexible based on volunteer's availability.
We welcome student interns for this position, especially in the field Social Sciences.
Volunteer must be proficient in basic computer skills, must be able to read, write, and communicate in a professional matter, must be punctual, have basic office management skills, and follow the rules and regulation of the office.
The AIFB Foundation requests the following documentation:
- Current resume, your email address, mailing address and phone number
- Social security number, drivers license, any legal identifying documents for international volunteers (valid passport, greencard, residential legal status).
- Contact information for 2 individuals that are not family members, along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
- Volunteers are obligated to work 4 hours per week
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Web Designer
- Education Services Volunteer
- Media & Communications Volunteer...
- General Management Volunteer
- Board Member Needed for...
- Volunteer Assistant to President...
- Fundraising/Events Planner
- Student Intern Department
- Grant Writing Volunteer
- Finance Department Volunteer
- Human Services Volunteer
- Blindness Technology Volunteer
- Computer Technology Volunteer