Volunteer Assistant to President of the Foundation
64 people are interested
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind (AIFB) formally known as "Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation (ABWC)":
Enhancing the lives of blind individuals in the country since August 28, 2009, AIFB has been recognized by NY State as a non-profit foundation. Its mission is to empower Afghan blind women through healthcare and blind children through education and rehabilitation services in Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind needs your time as a volunteer!
Description of the position:
You will be working directly with the President of the Afghanistan International Foundation for the Blind doing research, clerical work, accounting and treasury, building a database, supporting fund raising efforts, monitoring other volunteers in the absence of the president, and more. 4 hour per week commitment and volunteer time is flexible based on volunteer's availability.
We welcome student interns for this position, especially in the field Social Sciences.
Qualification and responsability:
- Volunteer must be proficient in basic computer skills
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in a professional matter,
- Must be punctual
- Must have basic office management skills
- Must follow the rules and regulation of the office
- Current resume
- Email address, mailing address and phone number
- One page of writing sample
- Contact information for two references that are not family members (no letters required)
Face to face interviews are required
We'll work with your schedule.
40-10 22th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18