18 people are interested
Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects.
The grant writer will:
- Through interviews and other means, gather information that will easily allow him/her to grasp the concept of a project or program for which funding is sought as defined by the person responsible for carrying it out.
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants.
- Research grant-making organizations and analyze them to identify likely funding sources for specific projects and programs.
- Compile, write, and edit all grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
- Review the budget of a project or program for which funding is sought and make recommendations to better present it to grant-making organizations.
- Develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization's preferences and follow exactly each grant-making organization's guidelines.
- Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material.
- Manage the process of supplying progress reports when required by a grant-making organization that has funded a project or program.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Understanding of institutional history and programs.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc).
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
If interested, please complete a volunteer application on our website,
We'll work with your schedule.
P.O. Box 132Park Ridge, NJ 07656