WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
About two times a month you will be asked to drive one of the elders we serve to and from a doctor appointment. This service is invaluable to the seniors because they can no longer drive and Metro Mobility can take several hours to get them home after an appointment. This contributes greatly to helping our seniors maintain independence, connection, and also doesn't make the task of getting out of the house feel like a mountain to climb.
Some do not qualify for services from Metro Mobility and have to pay extremely high rates for very short distances. You are asked to stay with your senior for the duration of the appointment so bring a good book to read or a simple project. Your smile and ride will be very welcomed by them after a visit at the doctors.
You are to use your own vehicle, to provide proof of insurance, and a valid license.
High quality training for best practices in transporting an elder, as well as CPR and First Aid Certification are offered to you as a volunteer with our program.
Become a volunteer driver for seniors and know that you are helping greatly each person you serve.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
- First Aid / CPR
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Extremely Flexible
- Genuine interest in helping others and you must have your own transportation.
- Visiting a Senior
- CPR and First Aid Trainer...
- Volunteer Driver
- Friendly Encouraging Visitor for...
- Volunteer Grocery Store Driver
- Help a Senior learn to navigate...
- Organizing and Friendship
- Gardening Outdoors for a Senior
- Skilled Office Support, Writing...
- Hair Care or Aromatherapy for...
- Senior Friend and Caregiver...
- Grocery Shopping with Elder