Music Therapy Hospice Volunteers
22 people are interested
There's nothing quite like the power of music. For Hospice patients, music therapy provides much-needed physical and emotional relief. As a Music Therapy Volunteer, you'll be making a lasting and positive difference in someone's life. This is a great opportunity for not only music therapy students, but for anyone who enjoys playing music!
- Play music for Hospice patients to provide them with physical and emotional peace
- Provide companionship, active listening, bedside sitting, reading, etc.
- Provide own instrument
- Must be able to play an instrument (guitar, harp, violin, piano, etc)
- Reliable and punctual
- Compassionate, enthusiastic, and supportive
- Must be able to pass a background test and drug test
- Must have valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Bilingual a plus
We are seeking volunteers for both Los Angeles and Orange County.
**Please note that this is a recurring volunteer opportunity. We can work with your schedule, but are looking for at least a six month to one year time commitment.
To volunteer please call Emily Sparks- Volunteer Program Coordinator (949) 629-0220
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!
We'll work with your schedule.
2677 N. Main St.Suite 110Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Wind Instrument
- Keyboard Instrument
- Music Therapy
- Music Arts
- String Instrument
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 visits per month