10 people are interested
Are you interested in learning something new? Do you like a challenge? Braille is a fascinating code that will keep you interested and challenged.Requirements:
* Adult (18+ Years)
* A high school diploma or equivalent
* A resident of Milwaukee or Southeast Wisconsin
* Must own a PC and be have basic computer skills - experience with Windows and knowledge of basic file management
* A good knowledge of English
* Able to read standard size print
* Attention to detail and a "perfectionist" attitude
* Strong problem solving skills
* Able to complete training and certification (see below)
* Long-term commitment (at least 12 months)
This is an ongoing and long-term commitment. We ask a minimum of 8 hours per week, ongoing, with more time required if Library of Congress certification is necessary.Training:
Certification by The Library of Congress will be required for this position. Please visit https://nfb.org/braille-transcribing for more information on the braille transcription course. We can help you sign up for their online course.Location:
At home, or at our office in the Central Library Building in downtown Milwaukee.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
803 W Wells StCentral Library BldgMilwaukee, WI 53233
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 8 hours a week.