Enable blind people to lead more independent and productive lives by assisting our organization with the process of producing various print materials in braille.
Proofread the original print material with a Braille copy that has been converted back into English. The purpose is to spot any differences (spelling, punctuation, etc.) between the two.
- Adult (18 + Years)
- Available weekdays
- Must know braille
- Attention to detail and a "perfectionist" attitude
- Strong proofreading skills
- An ability to read standard print in English
- An ability to recognize errors in spelling, punctuation, capitalization, word division, spacing, omissions, content and consistency of format
This is an ongoing and long-term commitment. We ask a minimum of 4 to 5 hours per week.
Training will be provided.
Position Location: At our office in the Central Library Building in downtown Milwaukee.
- Literacy / Reading
- Special Needs
- Basic Computer Skills
- Reading / Writing
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This is an ongoing and long-term commitment.
- We ask a minimum of 4 to 5 hours per week.