The Emergency Department volunteer functions as a liaison between the patient, family and the Emergency Department team. The volunteer will assist with a variety of tasks such as those listed below:
- Provide comfort and communication to patient/significant others.
- Assist with traffic and visitor control (including obtaining wheelchairs and stretchers).
- Assist patients/significant others with personal needs as requested.
- Escort families/significant others to patient care areas.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One four hour shift per week for at least 6 months