Cat Foster Parents
16 people are interested
When you open your home as a foster family to a homeless cat, you give that cat the time it needs to meet its furture pet parents.
It is a sad fact that most cats who land in city and county animal shelters have only days and often only hours to meet the family that will take them in. As a foster parent, you give that kitty a chance at a good and happy life. Maybe that perfect family is days away from meeting the kitty, maybe months away. But no matter the time, you will have made it possible for them to connect.
You will have the opportunity to meet that family and help them understand the kitty you cared for and fell in love with. Your words are precious to these new families. Your insight is valuable. You learn the joy of sending that kitty on to its new life.
Then you get a big hug and new kitty.
Kitty Save needs foster families. Open your heart and home to a homeless kitty. Become a foster parent.
Our public kitty residence is in The Charming Cat Corner at Vista Ridge mall in Lewisville. You are welcome to come see the foster kitties who are currently living there.
As a foster parent, you do the following:
- Socialize the cat in your home, observing and correcting any behavior issues
- Provide a safe environment
- Provide food and water
- Transport the cat to the vet when requested to do so
- Prepare the cat for adoption (spay/neuter, vaccinations, testing, etc.) at Kitty Save's expense
- Address any issues such as ear mites, fleas, ringworm at Kitty Save's expense
- Deliver adoptable cats that are suitable for residence in The Charming Cat Corner
Kitty Save has open accounts with various veterinarians you can use and pays the bills for vetting the foster cats.
You may not adopt your foster cats. Kitty Save wants to keep you as a foster so that more cats can be saved.
We'll work with your schedule.
N/ALewisville, TX 75067
- Animal Care / Handling
- Must be at least 21