Are you social media savy? Do you like leading small teams? We are currently looking for a Manager for our Social Media team to:
- Assist in the development and implementation of WBH’s social media plan
- Manage a small team of social media volunteers and train any new members
- Expand WBH’s social network and online reach
- Management and leadership experience
- Knowledge of social media best practices for nonprofits would be helpful
- Marketing experience is ideal
- Available 2-4 hours a week
Material Development and Social Media Management
- work with Marketing team to develop marketing messaging themes, strategies, and material as it pertains to social media
- help develop new material for use on social media, e.g.:quotes, statistics, photos that can be easily posted and shared
- add to/update the social media handbook
- ensure that all statistics in the social media handbook are current and accurate, update as necessary
- identify and report on social media trends, activity, and user interaction quarterly
- work with volunteers to improve the quality of their posts and/or their interaction with members of WBH’s social networks
- ensure social media materials are reviewed regularly and managed effectively
- maintain regular communication with team members through meetings (via person or Skype)
- oversee and manage the implementation WBH social media plan and ensure compliance with WBH social media handbook
- call new social media volunteers to welcome them to the team and explain next steps
- invite all new social media volunteers to join the socialmedia team folder on Dropbox and ask them to review all of the documents
- set up a meeting (either in-person or via Skype) to get the new volunteer trained on how to implement his/her part of the WBH social media plan
- seek out and attend free webinars on best practices for nonprofits
- recommend appropriate free webinars to team members
Who are we?Wells Bring Hope drills wells to bring safe water to rural villages in Niger, West Africa, one of the poorest country in the world. We are committed to saving lives with safe water and providing sustainable solutions to transform lives. The burden of fetching water falls upon women, preventing the young girls from attending school and women from working productively for their families. Not only do we drill wells, but we also provide microfinance training for women after their time is freed up from the endless walking to get water for their families.
We are an all-volunteer organization, with just one paid employee, and we look upon our volunteers as essential team members who all work together to save lives with safe water in West Africa.
Your volunteering is more than just a drop in the bucket. It transforms lives for generations to come.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
- Social Media / Blogging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-2 hours per week