CASA Volunteers Needed To Advocate For Abused And Neglected Children In Harford County
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
63 people are interested
Volunteers are needed to be CASA volunteers, advocates for abused and neglected children in Harford County.
A CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) volunteer is an ordinary community member who is appointed to represent the best interests of a child victim of abuse or neglect in court. Children helped by CASA volunteers include those whose home placement is being determined in juvenile court.
A CASA volunteer has three roles:
- To serve as a fact finder for the judge by thoroughly researching the current and background facts of each assigned case.
- To provide these facts in report form to the judge and to speak for the child in the courtroom, representing the child's best interests.
- To continue to act as an overseer during the life of the case, ensuring that it is brought to a swift and appropriate conclusion in the best interest of the child
By taking on the above roles, the CASA volunteer is in a unique position to make a difference in a childs life.
To access our online application, please visit
Or call the office number listed below and anyone can assist you.
P: (410) 638-4938
F: (410) 420-6740
101 South Main St. Suite 303
Bel Air, MD 211014
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
101 South Main StreetSuite 303Bel Air, MD 21014
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 10-15 hours a month
- We ask for at least a year committment to a child