Volunteers are needed to be CASA volunteers, advocates for abused and neglected children in Harford County.
A CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) volunteer is an ordinary community member who is appointed to represent the best interests of a child victim of abuse or neglect in court. Children helped by CASA volunteers include those whose home placement is being determined in juvenile court.
A CASA volunteer has three roles:
- To serve as a fact finder for the judge by thoroughly researching the current and background facts of each assigned case.
- To provide these facts in report form to the judge and to speak for the child in the courtroom, representing the child's best interests.
- To continue to act as an overseer during the life of the case, ensuring that it is brought to a swift and appropriate conclusion in the best interest of the child
By taking on the above roles, the CASA volunteer is in a unique position to make a difference in a childs life.
To access our online application, please visit
Or call the office number listed below and anyone can assist you.
P: (410) 638-4938
F: (410) 420-6740
101 South Main St. Suite 303
Bel Air, MD 211014
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 10-15 hours a month
- We ask for at least a year committment to a child