Working with our Department of Religious Life and Spiritual Care, Volunteers assist with religious services including assisting assist with set up, and escort/transport elders within our facility to and from the Wednesday and Sunday Worship service. We are seeking volunteers who are committed a steady and ongoing weekly schedule.
Catholic Worship: weekly on Sundays from 9:30-12:00pm
Protestant Worship: weekly on Wednesdays from 9:30-12:00pm
Protestant Worship Sundays: 2nd & 4th weeks from 10:30-1:00pm
Catholic Mass: monthly on Thursdays from 9:30-12:00pm
Please apply online at the following link: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1114206372
If you have any questions - Please contact Jessica at JSinovoi@jewishhome.org or 212-870-4940
Please be sure to mention Volunteer Match & Catholic/Protestant Worship in your application. If you have any questions - Please contact Jessica at JSinovoi@jewishhome.org or 212-870-4940
Volunteers must complete application forms and all requirements prior to volunteering - you will receive requirement forms after completion of the volgistics application.
- Elder care
- Faith-based Leadership
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Sunday Mornings and/or Wednesday Afternoons
- Medical Clearance for Flu shot, MMR & TB
- Help seniors attend Religious...
- Exercise at The New Jewish Home
- Recreation Assistant at The New...
- Special Event & Holidays Assistant
- Help seniors attend Shabbat...
- Librarian at The New Jewish Home
- Help elders attend recreation...
- Facilitate a class at The New...
- Pharmacy Assistant at The New...
- Friendly Visitor at The New...
- Nail Spa at The New Jewish Home
- Weekend Volunteer at the New...
- Catholic/Protestant Worship...
- Knitting, Crocheting,Beading...
- Volunteen - Youth Volunteer at...