Brighton 27J and Adams 1, 12, and 50 Elementary Tutor/Mentor Teams
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereContact: The Senior Hub, Inc. RSVP Dept.2360 W. 90th Ave.Federal Heights, CO 80260
Fall 2014: The SWAT Tutor/Mentor Team Program (Schools Where All Thrive) is an exciting new opportunity to help 2nd and 3rd elementary school students to keep them from falling behind with their reading skills. Training is provided for volunteers. Training will be August/September, so e-mail or call today.
Adams/E. Arapahoe RSVP is pairing up with Adams County School Districts 1, 12, Brighton 27J, and 50 to provide tutor/mentor teams in local elementary schools to help 2nd and 3rd grade students to improve their reading skills.
This innovative program matches volunteer teams of 3-5 adults 1-on-1 with students for time blocks of about 30 minutes each; the focus is basic Literacy remediation, and to develop an effective mentoring relationship where tutor-mentors support good study habits, life skills and character development.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week, consistent day of week
- suitable for age 18 and up
- Adams County Community Garden...
- Meals On Wheels Driver
- Meal Pickup/Delivery for Sr. Hub...
- Brighton 27J and Adams 1, 12,...
- Vets Helping Vets
- Meals On Wheels Driver West...
- Respite Care Program, Senior...
- A Break for Caregivers
- Adult Day Service Volunteer
- Senior Peer Counseling Volunteer
- Disaster Preparedness Speaker Team
- Food Pantry Scheduler and...
- Senior TAX Preparers - Western...
- Senior Peer Counseling
- Recycling Events Team Member
- Meals on Wheels Delivery Senior...
- Adams County Food Banks
- Care Management Assistant
- Totes of Hope Food Volunteer
- Adams 12 Five Star Student...