A Road to Recovery volunteer driver provides people with transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment appointments. Drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the lifesaving treatments they need. Volunteer drivers are also there to show support and provide information and resource referrals coordinated through the American Cancer Society.
This position is very flexible and is based upon volunteer availability. Weekly time commitment varies by area. Drivers must have availability Monday-Sturaday during the hourse of 7:00am and 7:00pm.
- Must be between the ages of 18-85
- A good driving record
- A Current, valid driver's license
- Access to a safe and reliable vehicle
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance
- If a cancer survivor, must be one year post treatment
- Access to Internet and email preferred, but not required.
- Complete certification training and comply with update training requirements every two years.
- People Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Working vehicle in good condition