On the Go Rides & Smiles - Uber and Lyft have met their match!
Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
On the Go Rides and Smiles program offers one-way trips to older adults who no longer drive. Volunteers donate their time and energy and infuse dignity and independence into the lives of these older adults. These rides are offered Monday through Friday from 7 am to 7 pm. On the Go is more than just a ride, it is about fueling the sense of connection, independence, and mobility that defines aging well.
Goal of Position:
Volunteer drivers utilize their personal vehicles to provide these rides for older adults. This safe and reliable transportation enables older adults to attend medical appointments, shopping needs, visits to a spouse in a nursing home, taking a class, attending religious services and more! Volunteers are able to provide safe and reliable transportation ensuring that these adults remain active, healthy, and connected to their community.
- Gain nonprofit experience
- Enriching the lives of older adults
- Making a difference in someone’s life
- Helping to ensure our older adults remain active, healthy, and connected to their community.
- Provide at least 2 riders per month
- Accept rides that work best for you using an award winning web-based scheduling system
- Provide friendly conversation during transport
- Maintain a clean, upkept vehicle and observe "rules of the road"
- Possess your own vehicle
- Have valid insurance coverage for vehicle driving client's
- Have a current driver's license
- Attend a general volunteer orientation
- Attend a driver training
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Enjoy driving and meeting new people
- Be comfortable with JFS submitting a request for driving records
Volunteers can select rides that work with their personal schedule. Volunteers are required to give at least 2 rides a month.
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
8804 Balboa Avenue, SAN DIEGO, CA 92123, US
Jewish Family Service is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, healthier, more resilient San Diego. Our wide range of integrated services Empower Individuals & Families to Move Toward Self-Sufficiency, Support Aging With Dignity, and Foster Community Connection & Engagement throughout San Diego County and the Coachella Valley.
We need 5 volunteers to help us paint and beautify one of the walls of our food pantry on a Sunday. We will provide the paint and supplies, the project should take about 3 hours at most. We can provide our own team leader as well :)