On the Go Rides & Smiles - Uber and Lyft have met their match!
DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
On the Go Rides and Smiles program offers one-way trips to older adults who no longer drive. Volunteers donate their time and energy and infuse dignity and independence into the lives of these older adults. These rides are offered Monday through Friday from 7 am to 7 pm. On the Go is more than just a ride, it is about fueling the sense of connection, independence, and mobility that defines aging well.
Goal of Position:
Volunteer drivers utilize their personal vehicles to provide these rides for older adults. This safe and reliable transportation enables older adults to attend medical appointments, shopping needs, visits to a spouse in a nursing home, taking a class, attending religious services and more! Volunteers are able to provide safe and reliable transportation ensuring that these adults remain active, healthy, and connected to their community.
- Gain nonprofit experience
- Enriching the lives of older adults
- Making a difference in someone’s life
- Helping to ensure our older adults remain active, healthy, and connected to their community.
- Provide at least 2 riders per month
- Accept rides that work best for you using an award winning web-based scheduling system
- Provide friendly conversation during transport
- Maintain a clean, upkept vehicle and observe "rules of the road"
- Possess your own vehicle
- Have valid insurance coverage for vehicle driving client's
- Have a current driver's license
- Attend a general volunteer orientation
- Attend a driver training
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Enjoy driving and meeting new people
- Be comfortable with JFS submitting a request for driving records
Volunteers can select rides that work with their personal schedule. Volunteers are required to give at least 2 rides a month.
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
8804 Balboa Ave, San Diego, CA 92123, US
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, healthier, more resilient San Diego by empowering individuals and families to move toward self-sufficiency, supporting aging with dignity, and fostering community connection and engagement.
Founded in 1918, we are one of San Diego’s most impactful non-profit human services agencies. Last year, we served more than 39,500 clients, including over 17,000 asylum seekers at the JFS Migrant Family Shelter.
Our broad network of staff, volunteers, supporters, and community partners are committed to the pursuit of one shared goal: helping individuals and families in San Diego Move Forward.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various Locations Around San DiegoSan Diego, CA 92123
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible! Rides are offered 7 days a week from 7am-7pm.