The Worldview Project is a San Diego based non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural awareness, understanding, and appreciation through web-based resources, programs, publications, social networking and local events.
The Worldview Project is seeking a volunteer who has professional copy editing experience to work on our online magazine, "The San Diego Participant Observer" (www.parobs.org).
The ideal candidate will be: Adept with the technical rules of grammar and spelling, but appreciates the occasional usefulness of sentences ending in prepositions, split infinitives, and the rare occasions when even double negatives might be appropriate. Familiarity with the Associated Press Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style are highly desirable!
Most of our work happens during normal business hours, with only occasional weekend or evening hours requested. Our minimum commitment for a volunteer is 6 hours per week and for an intern is 10 hours per week. We are looking for individuals who can make at least a 6-month commitment, regardless of whether you are interested in the volunteer or internship position.
Please visit our website at www.thewvp.org and our online magazine at www.parobs.org for more information about our organization and the work we do!
*** Please do not call or walk-in unannounced at our office to inquire or apply for this opportunity. We'd prefer you apply through this listing or email us at: email@example.com ***
When you write to us, we'd appreciate it if you tell us a little bit about your skills, experiences, interests, and anything else you might want to share, so that we may respond to your application more fully. If you do not hear back from us in one business week's time, then you may call our office at (858) 964-0709, but please contact us first by email.
Thank you for your interest with the Worldview Project! We look forward to receiving your application. Have a wonderful day.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6-10 hours/week for at least 6 months.
- Must be able to come to the office every Friday mornings.
- Calendar Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Social Media Volunteer/Intern
- Journalist Volunteer/Intern
- Harmony in Action Cross Cultural...
- Assistant Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Assistant Volunteer Coordinator...
- Content Developer Volunteer/Intern
- Marketing Volunteer/Intern
- Promotions Coordinator...
- Copy Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Events Photographer...
- Schools Program Coordinator
- General Office Volunteer/Intern
- Acquisition Editor...