Older Adult Services
44 people are interested
Entertain our seniors!
Our Adult Day Care is looking for individuals to help with activities such as bingo, games, conversation etc.
If you would like to spend 4 hours once a week in a dynamic environment providing activities for the day care seniors, it may have a perfect opportunity for you.
About Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
1775 W. DEMPSTER STREET, VOLUNTEER OFFICE - 9 SOUTH, PARK RIDGE, IL 60068, US
To serve the health needs of individuals, families and communities through a wholistic philosophy rooted in our fundamental understanding of human beings as created in the image of God.
Our vision is to be always the best hospital - the best for patients to heal, physicians to practice and associates/volunteers to work.
We are about building relationships with:
- our patients, so they feel cared for and experience extraordinary service and quality
- our physicians, so they feel supported and know that their patients are getting great care
- our associates and volunteers, so they feel valued and know that their work is purposeful, worthwhile and makes a difference
If you would like to be part of our wonderful team of associates, physicians and volunteers, please let us know. We have many great opportunities to fit all preferences and schedules.
For more information
- reply to this opportunity and we will contact you or
- visit us at http://www.advocatehealth.com/luth/volunteer
- give us a call at 847-723-6105
We look forward to meeting you!
Interesting facts about our volunteer program (based on 2010 program statistics):
- 1070 volunteers donated 102,000 hours to the hospital
- We currently have 777 active volunteers
- Volunteers support over 80 hospital departments
- The most senior volunteer is 95 years young and has been volunteering for 52 years--ever since the hospital opened in 1959!
- 25% of volunteers live in Des Plaines, 13% in Park Ridge, 9% in Niles
- Volunteer gender: 70% are female and 30% are male
- An active volunteer with the highest number of hours has donated over 14,000 hours to the hospital so far
- 100% of our volunteers are AMAZING and WONDERFUL!
Our volunteers DO make a difference!
We'll work with your schedule.
9375 Church StreetAdult Day CareDes Plaines, IL 60016
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours once a week; available shifts Mon-Fri 8am-4pm