10 REASONS TO VOLUNTEER WITH THE WORLDVIEW PROJECT:
1. You will be actively involved in furthering the cause of greater cross-cultural awareness, understanding and engagement. (It's what we do!)
2. You will work with smart, enthusiastic, talented and committed volunteers who hail from all over the world, of all ages.
3. You will work in a friendly, safe and supportive environment (please check our reviews!).
4. You can enhance your resume (employers often check to see if a job seeker volunteers). If you do a great job (and have put in sufficient time), you can ask for a reference.
5. You will do work that is important (although some routine tasks still have to be done!).
6. You will get to share your own international experiences (if any).
7. We will do our best to match your skills and interests with our needs.
8. You will have the opportunity to develop new skills or improve the ones you already have.
9. You may get to eat some outstanding ethnic food (and are encouraged to share!)
10. There is considerable room for growth in responsibility and the impact you have.
The Worldview Project is a San Diego based non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural awareness, understanding and appreciation through: web-based resources, programs, publications, social networking and events.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REACHING OUR MAXIMUM CAPACITY FOR VOLUNTEERS AND IT MAYBE A COUPLE OF MONTHS BEFORE WE ENGAGE NEW VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS POSITION, BUT IF THIS OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, WE URGE YOU TO APPLY NOW TO BE ON THE INSIDE TRACT WHEN THE OPPORTUNITY OPENS.
OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION:Currently seeking talented individuals to edit, add, and maintain content for several different sections of the San Diego Participant Observer(www.parobs.org). We prefer people who are passionate about cross-cultural understanding and learning as well as individuals who are excited to learn about digital publishing. Sections include the following: current events, community happenings, fine arts, film and television, education, and more. Ideal candidate will have: general computer skills, good writing skills, some website experience (willing to train), basic research skills, ability to work necessary hours (depends on section), good writing and communication skills, dependability (paramount!), resourcefulness, and cooperation
Major advantages are you will make a contribution to a great cause, become a part of worthy organization, work with wonderful volunteers from all over the world, learn about content-managed publishing and cultural treasures of San Diego. You can also possibly get free passes to major local events.
Most of our work happens during normal business hours, with only occasional weekend or evening hours requested. Our minimun weekly commitment is 6 hours/week and we are looking for individuals who can make a 6-month commitment.
Please visit our website: www.thewvp.org and our online magazine: www.parobs.org for more information.
When you write us (please don't telephone), it is helpful if you tell us a little bit about your skills, experience, interests and anything else you might want to share so that we may respond to your inquiry more fully. If you don't hear back from us in one week's time, feel free to call our office at (858) 964-0709, but please contact us first by email
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 6 months commitment
- Must come to the office a min of 1 day per week