Between Friends is beginning to plan our Spring Fundraiser, A Night Out with Friends! Getting involved on the planning committee is a great opportunity to make a difference in breaking the cycle of domestic violence. Below is a breakdown of the different committees. Do you see your skills being useful? We would love to have you join us. To RSVP, contact Yesenia Maldonado at email@example.com or 773-274-5232 ext. 114
A Night Out with Friends Meeting
Planning Meeting January 23, 2018 at Catalyst Ranch
656 W. Randolph, Suite 3W
Other meetings will be via conference call with the committee chair.
New to Between Friends and interested in fundraising volunteer opportunities? Call Yesenia to find out more about the agency and the event's history.
SILENT AUCTION COMMITTEE - 6 to 8 hours per month
- Set up a silent auction procedure
- Secure, package and price silent auction items
- Create silent auction solicitation package
- Create silent auction tracking system
- Determine silent auction timing
- Set up display, descriptions and auction material
- Work with raffle committee
FOOD & BEVERAGE COMMITTEE - 8 to 10 hours per month
- Create deck for presentation to restaurants
- Solicit restaurants for food and beverage donations
- Coordinate catering specs with venue
- Secure variety of food and dessert stations, including staff
- Solicit liquor donations
- Coordinate food stations with each restaurant
DÉCOR - 4 hours per month
- Develop ideas to coordinate with event theme
- Contact vendors for donations for items outside of the budget
- Set up decorations for the event
- Work with Social Media/Marketing committee to coordinate theme/graphics
MARKETING - 3 hours per month
- Create theme graphics
- Develop social media content calendar
- Create online and print invitation
- Secure placement in local publications
- Develop and schedule email blasts
ENTERTAINMENT - 2 hours per month
- Secure speakers/entertainment/awards
- Maintain communication with speakers/entertainers
- Confirm needs with venue for audio visual
- Serve as a point person with the staff for entertainers and speakers
For questions about participating as A Night Out with Friends Event Planning Committee member, or to discuss alternative ways to get involved with Between Friends, please contact Yesenia Maldonado at 773.274.5232 ext. 114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Between Friends is a nonprofit agency dedicated to breaking the cycle of domestic violence and building a community free of abuse.
In 1986, Between Friends was founded by volunteers from the National Council of Jewish Women and the North Shore Junior League of Evanston as a small grantmaking body dedicated to raising funds for local domestic violence programs. The clear disparity between the growing numbers of domestic violence victims needing help and the limited programs available to assist them prompted Friends to expand its effort in 1991 to include direct crisis intervention services for individuals and families. We also understand the importance of prevention and operate the states most comprehensive teen dating violence prevention program, REACH (Relationship Education: A Choice for Hope).
Today, Between Friends' comprehensive programs and services include a toll-free Crisis Line (800-603-HELP), counseling for victims and their children, court advocacy, and prevention and education. Each year, we work with thousands of individuals through these programs, all offered free of charge.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- See description