Volunteers are needed to engage children in our Shelter while their parents are in Life Skills classes and support groups. Volunteers will pland and lead shelter children in recreational & educational activities (i.e., board games, crafts, stories, themed party, etc.). Volunteers MUST be 18 and up to volunteer and up must also be prepared to pass background checks. Volunteers will feel great knowing they are providing a fun atmosphere for children in a homeless situation.
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Mon thru Wed 6:30pm-7:30pm; Thu 6:30pm-8pm
- Put a Smile on a Shelter Child's...
- Join the Fight to End Hunger
- Help us end homelessness -...
- Use your Spanish Speaking Skills...
- Development Assistant at NVFS
- NVFS Toy Drive Needs You!
- You Can Support the Homeless
- Help Drive Out Hunger
- Santa Needed!!!
- Looking For a Great Group...
- Holiday Gift Wrappers Needed
- Are you a hearing person who...
- Shelter Resident Transport Driver
- You can help fight Hunger!
- Prepare a Homecooked Meal for...