Everyday food goes to waste while families in our community go hungry. You can help. Food Recovery Drivers are needed weekday mornings, especially Mondays, to pick up donations from Manassas-area grocery stores/restaurants and deliver the food to our Hunger Resource Center to distribute to the over 700 families we server each month. Volunteers must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license. Teens can ride with drivers to assist. Ride-along training with experienced volunteer is provided.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One morning a week, 8am to 1pm
- Must sign driver's agreement.
- Put a Smile on a Shelter Child's...
- Join the Fight to End Hunger
- Help us end homelessness -...
- Use your Spanish Speaking Skills...
- Development Assistant at NVFS
- NVFS Toy Drive Needs You!
- You Can Support the Homeless
- Help Drive Out Hunger
- Santa Needed!!!
- Looking For a Great Group...
- Holiday Gift Wrappers Needed
- Are you a hearing person who...
- Shelter Resident Transport Driver
- You can help fight Hunger!
- Prepare a Homecooked Meal for...