Everyday food goes to waste while families in our community go hungry. You can help. Food Recovery Drivers are needed weekday mornings, especially Mondays, to pick up donations from Manassas-area grocery stores/restaurants and deliver the food to our Hunger Resource Center to distribute to the over 700 families we server each month. Volunteers must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Drivers must be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license; cargo van is provided. Teens can ride with drivers to assist. Ride-along training with experienced volunteer is provided.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One weekday morning per week, 8am to 12pm
- Must sign driver's agreement.
- Put a Smile on a Shelter Child's...
- We Need You To Help End Hunger
- Provide shelter residents with...
- Your Smile Can Help the Hungry
- Shelter Camp Counselor
- Summer Yard Sale! (Pack-up)
- Use Your Office Skills and Warm...
- You Can Help Drive Out Hunger
- Summer Yard Sale! (Prep)
- Serve a Meal to the Homeless
- Summer Yard Sale! (Set-up)
- Donation Room Organization
- Shelter Driver Needed to Help...
- Summer Weekends are Perfect For...
- Volunteer 'FORE" Good: Golf...