Be a Local Hero - Join the Loudoun MRC - Non-medical and medical volunteers needed.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
122 people are interested
Who should consider volunteering for the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)?
Anyone (medical and non-medical) who wants to help the Loudoun Health Department keep Loudoun County residents safe, protect the public's health and who is willing to assist if there is an outbreak of disease.
- Must be a Loudoun County resident at least 16 years of age.
- Non-medical and medical volunteers are needed.
Note: There is no regular scheduled meeting attendance required. If you decide to become part of our Medical Reserve Corps you will:
- Receive an orientation by the Health Department.
- Be offered free training on such topics as CPR, First Aid, incident command and emergency preparedness.
- Be able to be involved in preparedness activities.
- Be eligable to assist if there is a health emergency.
- Play a significant role in keeping your family and community safe.
- Go to www.loudounmrc.com for more information.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Loudoun MRC
Loudoun Health Dept, PO Box 7000, Leesburg, VA 20177, US
To improve the county's ability to respond to public health emergencies, whether naturally occurring or man-made and to assist, when needed, in day to day public health activities.
The MRC unit in Loudoun was formed in November 2003 to improve the county's ability to respond to public health emergencies, whether naturally occurring or man-made. The MRC has more than 1100 medical and non-medical members.
The MRC seeks both medical and non-medical volunteers. The MRC's advisory board includes representatives from public health, mental health, emergency management, the private medical community, and the citizenry. Key priorities for Loudoun's MRC include providing first aid/CPR and NIMS training, improving emergency preparedness awareness throughout the county, and providing focused training so volunteers may better respond to widespread outbreaks of disease. MRC volunteers are a key component in our emergency preparedness planning.
In addition to being available to respond to a health emergency, MRC volunteers have also assisted in various other matters such as a rabies investigation, TB investigation and testing, back to school physicals, the establishment of a shelter and have been a key component in a number of emergency preparedness exercises.
We'll work with your schedule.
Loudoun Health DeptPO Box 7000Leesburg, VA 20177
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Varies on your availability
- See www.loudounmrc.com for further information