ICAA Crossroads Literacy is a community-based volunteer literacy program committed to helping adults and their families acquire the skills necessary to achieve economic self-sufficiency and function effectively as members of the community.
Crossroads matches trained tutors to work with adult learners wanting help learning to read, write, do math, speak and read English, develop computer skills, or any other literacy need expressed by the learner. In addition, Crossroads' volunteers staff an adult learning center where adult students can learn to use the computer and get help on an as-needed basis.
Crossroads Literacy is in need of volunteers willing to provide one-to-one tutoring to adult learners in need of help with literacy issues such as reading, writing, math, GED preparation, English language learning, computer skills, or any other literacy need expressed by the learner. Volunteers are trained and given assistance to help them be successful with their learner match.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 1/2 hours a week
- Compassionate, understanding and a supportive nature.
- ICAA Head Start - Hayward
- ICAA Head Start - Ladysmith
- ICAA Connections Store & More
- ICAA Head Start - Medford
- Literacy Tutors
- Love to read? Become an adult...
- ICAA Head Start - Siren
- Rusk County Transit Commission -...
- ICAA Head Start - Neillsville
- ICAA Head Start - Minong
- ICAA Head Start - Greenwood
- ICAA Head Start - Spooner