The Free Library of Philadelphia (FLP) is seeking volunteers to facilitate English conversation groups for English language learners at FLP branches. The goal of these conversation groups is to significantly impact the ability and willingness of adult English language learners to communicate effectively in everyday situations. In many cases these discussion groups will provide opportunities for individuals to practice and enhance skills learned in an English as a Second Language (ESL) classroom or tutoring situation.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, speak English and have the ability to read and write English.
- Have good communication, listening and organizational skills.
- Willingness to commit to a consistent weekly meeting schedule for 4 months.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Book Shelving & Collection Care
- Tour Guide
- English Language Group Facilitator
- Library Outreach Volunteer...
- Music Department - programs filing
- Horticulturalist - Donatucci...
- Clerical Aides - Donatucci Branch
- Central Senior Services Computer...
- Job Readiness Computer Tutor
- Gadget Guru
- Music Department - Periodicals...
- Music Department - Newspaper...