Library Outreach Volunteer Assistant
42 people are interested
This volunteer position is primarily concerned with in-person customer service. Volunteers in this capacity will assist the public in library card registration and provide information on programs and services of the Free Library of Philadelphia at outside events.
- Carry promotional materials, pens, applications, and other necessary supplies to the outreach site.
- Display and arrange the outreach materials on the table/space provided by the hosting organization.
- Provide basic information about programs and services offered by the Free Library of Philadelphia.
- Explain and assist patrons in the library card application process.
- Return all equipment, unused giveaway materials and the envelope of library card applications completed by patrons.
- Return the forms with unanswered patron questions to TOPSS.
About Free Library of Philadelphia
1901 Vine Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103, US
To provide a comprehensive collection of recorded knowledge, ideas, artistic expression and information; to assure ease of access of these material; and to offer programs which stimulate the awareness and use of these resources.
Enables patrons to access information in a variety of subject areas through various media - including books, cassettes, videos, periodicals and the computer.
We'll work with your schedule.
Parkway Central Library1901 Vine StreetPhiladelphia, PA 19103
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18