This volunteer position is primarily concerned with in-person customer service. Volunteers in this capacity will assist the public in library card registration and provide information on programs and services of the Free Library of Philadelphia at outside events.
- Carry promotional materials, pens, applications, and other necessary supplies to the outreach site.
- Display and arrange the outreach materials on the table/space provided by the hosting organization.
- Provide basic information about programs and services offered by the Free Library of Philadelphia.
- Explain and assist patrons in the library card application process.
- Return all equipment, unused giveaway materials and the envelope of library card applications completed by patrons.
- Return the forms with unanswered patron questions to TOPSS.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Book Shelving & Collection Care
- English Language Group Facilitator
- Tour Guide
- Library Outreach Volunteer...
- Music Department - programs filing
- Horticulturalist - Donatucci...
- Clerical Aides - Donatucci Branch
- Central Senior Services Computer...
- Job Readiness Computer Tutor
- Gadget Guru
- Music Department - Periodicals...
- Music Department - Newspaper...